Alright guys – I feel like this could be a much anticipated post, of what happened in the past thirty days. Words cannot describe how ecstatic and motivated I feel after seeing the numbers move on the InBody Scale reading. I’ll post both images for those that want to see everything that you can see in that type of scale reading, but here’s a summation of the victories:
- Lost 7lbs Body Fat Mass
- Went from 23.3% Body Fat, to 19.5%
- Yes, I dropped 3.8% Body Fat in 30 DAYS!
- Gained 0.6lbs Lean Muscle Mass
- This doesn’t sound like a lot, but it is a HUGE victory to gain muscle when I dropped that much fat mass so quickly.
- Evened out the strength in my arms, and gained muscle in my arms
- Got closer to evening out the strength in my legs, went from a 0.2lb difference to about a 0.1lb difference
- My Basal Metabolic Rate went up
- Basal Metabolic Rate (aka BMR) is a reading of how many calories your body would burn if you literally laid in bed all day.
- My weight went down, but my body composition changed so drastically, my body became more efficient and now needs more calories to sustain my muscle mass.
Now, I will list my “non-scale” victories:
- Falling asleep faster
- Better quality of sleep
- even energy levels throughout the day
- No “2:30” feeling
- No crashing after meals
- Lost 2.75 inches throughout the lower half of my body
You may be wondering if I will go on a sugar binge now that I am no longer restricted by Whole30. Knowing I will be my best self come May, I did not indulge greatly. Day 30 was coincidentally my 2 year anniversary with my boyfriend. We went out to an amazing steak house in Minneapolis, and I indulged with a glass of red wine (which honestly, wasn’t worth it). I also had a small piece of the crust of the bread in the bread basket. I had a bite of their creamed garlic spinach. I ordered a filet mignon, and sautéed mushrooms and I enjoyed those fully. I cannot describe how crushed I felt when the waiter brought over this beautiful piece of Bailey’s chocolate cake, with a cookie crust, homemade whip cream on top, and he lit a candle and drizzled chocolate fudge with a ladle on top of the decadent dessert and said, “Happy Anniversary!” There was no way I couldn’t have a bite or two of that. I ended up having three small bites, and those were 100% worth it. Here’s some fun pictures from that night:
I felt super confident in that pink dress, knowing how much my body composition changed, in just a mere 30 days!
You may be wondering what I am eating now. It is a lot like Whole30, with the exception I am allowed grain. I eat a lot of lean protein, brown rice, healthy fat and fibrous carbs (aka veggies). I am excited to see what happens to my body in the next few months as there was such a dramatic change in 30 days.
Thank you for reading this post – Love & Light,