Alright guys, round 3 here I come! Tomorrow, I will be embarking on my third Whole30 and I am so excited for it to be the catalyst of my body transformation for my bikini show.
I’d like to consider myself a Whole30 veteran by now, but I’ll be honest, there is so much more for me to learn. I would like to share with everyone, my favorite egg bake that got me through my last Whole30’s, and something I consistently eat as a part of my #foodfreedom.
This recipe is so easy and inter-changeable, it is a go-to for me. It makes a full 6 servings, and it is LOADED with veggies and protein. Slap some Frank’s Red Hot on top, and man you have a very filing breakfast that will keep you satiated until lunch!
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 9×13 glass pan with Ghee or Whole30 compliant spray oil. I start by chopping the bell peppers, you only need about a cup to a cup and a half of diced bell pepper. However, it’s easy to chop everything at once and you’ll thank yourself later. I chop all the bell peppers down into match sticks, save about half of them in a plastic baggie, and then dice them further. I chopped the 1/2 of a red onion I had left over (you can use any type of onion in this recipe), and then chopped 2 Aidell’s sausages into coins.
Next, wilt your spinach in a large sauté pan on medium-high with about a tablespoon of olive oil. (Please, I beg of you, do not use vegetable or canola oil! These are toxic to your brain!!) Feel free to use a lot of spinach, because it will wilt and become at least 1/3 of the size of what it was.
Once the spinach is wilted, add in mushrooms, and your prepared veggies and sausage. I like buying pre-sliced onions, you might as well make Whole30 as easy as possible as you can, right?
Stir this mixture for about 5-8 minutes and let the juices from the bell pepper release and get a caramelized color on the mushrooms and sausage. Meanwhile, start cracking eggs into a large mixing bowl (one with a spout is helpful for this recipe). I find that 9 eggs is my magic number.
Make sure you season! I season the veggies and sausage with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I season the eggs with the same, and add in some smoked paprika. Scramble the eggs, and then mix in your sautéed veggies and sausage.
Give the mixing bowl a nice stir, and the pour the egg mixture into your prepared pan. Pop in the oven for 30 minutes at 350, and bam! You have your egg bake!
I let the pan cool on my stove top for about 10-20 minutes, and then I cut the pan into 6 slices. I do one cut through the middle (Hamburger-style, half way on the 9″). Then, I make two cuts to the 13″ side, cutting the bake into 6ths.
Then find about 6 smallish meal prep containers, and you have breakfast made for almost the entire week! To reheat, pop in the microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds. I highly recommend adding Frank’s Red Hot.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Servings: 6
- 3 cups spinach
- 1.5 cups diced bell pepper
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2/3 cup sliced mushroom
- 2 Aidell’s Chicken and Apple Sausage Links, sliced into coins
- 1 Tb Olive Oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (normal paprika is fine too)
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Prep a 9 x 13″ glass baking dish with Ghee, or Whole30 Compliant Spray Oil
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Wilt spinach in sauté pan (approx 3-5 minutes)
- Add in prepped veggies and sausage to sauté pan, stir gently for 5-8 minutes.
- Crack 9 eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Season veggies with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper.
- Season eggs with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp smoked paprika.
- Whisked eggs and seasonings together. Add in veggies and sausage from pan to whisked eggs.
- Stir veggies into egg mixture, and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350.
- Let cool for 10-20 minutes
- Slice into 6 servings.